Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week #9:YouTube,PodCasts,AudioBooks

I thoroughly enjoyed the YouTube & PodCast assignment, especially viewing some of the older T.V. shows and sitcom clips that I watched when I was a little younger, brought back memories. One of my favorite late nite entertainers, view on my YouTube!

YahooPodcasts was the most easily accessible site of those listed. I spent some time previewing the podcasts (the good, the bad, and the very ugly!) and decided to download the 60 Minutes Podcast covering the most recent headline stories I found interesting and always seem the miss the t.v. episodes.

I think I prefer to curl up with my book but it was interesting to explore audiobooks/ebooks. I selected to download the computer read audio of "The Secret Garden" from Project Gutenberg and I was not able to focus on the narration. The audio sounded like a combination of R.2.D.2. & C.P.O.3 from Star Wars, thus I'd recommend listening to the person-read version.

http://sailor.gutenberg.lib.md.us/etext05/gardn3-index.htm

Overdrive had a thorough and user friendly tutorial for audiobooks. Will have to revisit this site.

No comments: