Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 8:Online Productivity Tools

Once a Word user, always a Word user, (& Excel) but maybe I've learned a new trick. I was not familiar with any of the other web based applications for word processing & spreadsheets. In reading the information and exploring Zoho writer, a fabulous feature (for me) is you can revert back easily to the original document, if you mess up and save over an older version.

Ironically, I had a patron come in the Tech Center just today wanting to access his files in Google Documents. One downfall I discovered, however, with our library internet security or browser settings? the system did not allow him to access his files or it may have been a site problem.....another matter to check w/systems;-)

Web 2.o Awards List - I selected to examine the "events" category:
#1 Upcoming.yahoo - I was disappointed; it did not have The Great Frederick Fair listed!
Now I will have to find out the dates and go back and add the event information.
#2 Eventful.com - I was not impressed w/either, it also did not have Great Frederick Fair.
Some of the links are not connecting properly w/search words. i.e., I wanted to see craft show events in MD and instead received information on Wine Festivals in Virginia. FUN
but not what I wanted.

No comments: